September 03, 2019
Symbol Highlighting (v10.41+):
- Highlight all instances of symbol by clicking on it
- Navigate to other instances of the symbol clicking on navigation triangles
- Navigate using Shift-Alt arrow hot-keys
Clicking on pv in line #12 highlights all the references to pv and its definition.
The definition has a rectangle outline around the highlight.
Public pv As String
Friend fv As String
M1.pv = "hi"
Assert M1.pv, "hi"
pv = "bye"
Assert pv, "bye"
fv = "private"
Assert fv, "private"
Sub Assert(ByVal e1 As Variant, ByVal e2 As Variant)
If e1 <> e2 Then Stop
In addition to highlighting the symbol, clickable triangles are displayed to the left and right of the symbol.
- Clicking on the left triangle (or Shift-Alt Left) moves the caret to the previous reference.
- Clicking on the right triangle (or Shift-Alt Right) moves the caret to the next reference.
- Clicking on the up triangle (or Shift-Alt Up) moves the caret to the definition.
Rapidly locate all instances of a symbol in a script and navigate to the definition, next or previous reference.
Copyright Polar Engineering, Inc.