VB5, VB6, VBA Compatibility
WinWrap® Basic is an embedded macro language component available for .NET and COM 32 bit and 64 bit Windows applications. The WinWrap® Basic OCX Component is compatible with Sax Basic and Visual Basic 6.0.
The WinWrap® Basic Scripting Engine provides both end-users and developers with a VB5, VB6, VBA compatibility solution.
WinWrap® Basic WWB-COM Scripting Language VB5, VB6, VBA Compatibility:
- Support for VB5 and VB6 style scripts
- Support for VBA style scripts
- Fully compatible support for Sax Basic legacy scripts
- Access to the ActiveX Host Application via COM
- Access to the .NET Host Application via COM interop
Provide Users with a Complete VB 6.0 Scripting Development Environment
- Full WinWrap® Basic VB5, VB6, and VBA script editing
- Powerful auto completion capability for WWB VB 5, VB 6, Visual Basic for Applications scripts
- Complete debugging capability for WWB VB5.0, VB6.0, and VBA scripts
- Built-in Visual Basic 5, Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic for Applications scripting documentation
Applications including the WinWrap® Basic dll ship with a fully featured development environment including an editor and a debugger. The WinWrap® Basic software package is used in conjunction with Microsoft development tools including Visual Studio, Visual Studio.NET, Visual Studio Express, and the ActiveX scripting engines.
Basic has long been considered the best language for user scripting and user application extensions. Basic has a reputation as being the easiest language for non-developer users to understand and use.
.NET Host Application Developers
Utilize the .NET Host COM interop capability to provide complete compatibility for existing Sax Basic VB 6.0 legacy scripts. And, enjoy all the features of .NET in your Host Application.
COM Host Application Developers
Join the growing number of Sax Basic developers that are enjoying the new capabilities with WinWrap® Basic Scripting ActiveX Control and still have complete and compatible support for existing Sax Basic VB5, VB 6, and VBA legacy scripts.
Visual Basic 5.0/6.0 Compatibility Articles
- Upgrading Visual Basic 6.0 Applications to Visual Basic .NET and Visual Basic 2005 (VB6 Conversion) on MSDN, "This guide provides valuable information for organizations who are considering upgrading their Visual Basic 6.0-based applications and components to Visual Basic .NET. It provides proven practices to reach functional equivalence with a minimal amount of effort and cost and guidance for common advancements after the application is running on the .NET framework." MSDN article.
- Visual Basic (VB, VB6) on Wikipedia, "Visual Basic (VB) is the third-generation event-driven programming language and integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft for its COM programming model." Wikipedia article.
- Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET) on Wikipedia, "Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET), formerly called Visual Basic (VB), is an object-oriented computer programming language that can be viewed as an evolution of Microsoft's Visual Basic (VB) implemented on the Microsoft .NET Framework." Wikipedia article.
- Visual Basic for Applications on Wikipedia, "Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is an implementation of Microsoft's event-driven programming language Visual Basic 6, and associated integrated development environment (IDE), which is built into most Microsoft Office applications." Wikipedia article.
- Lowering the barriers to programming: A taxonomy of programming environments and languages for novice programmers by Caitlin Kelleher and Randy Pausch, "Basic was designed to teach Dartmouth's non-science students about computing through programming. The Basic (Beginners All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code) language was designed to support a small set of instructions and remove unnecessary syntax." ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR), Volume 37, Issue 2 (June 2005), Pages: 83 - 137.
Copyright Polar Engineering, Inc.